December 24, 2010

Missmas

At this point its just me here at the station. I have today and tomorrow off, but will be banding the day after Christmas, which is actually the day my family is doing Christmas, so I'm going to get up early to video chat with them and open a couple of presents!

Today I went for a lil solo hike on the Tomales Point trail, at the very north end of Point Reyes National Seashore. The trail runs through a very open, scrubby area and is in the center of the tule elk reserve up there. It was about a 10 mile round trip hike, and I may or may not have fallen asleep at the point once I got there, but it was fun.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Freak 'shroom
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After the hike I took a side trek to the historic lighthouse on Point Reyes. I thought of my dad the whole time I was there, and despite not remembering any details of the significance of it, it was impressive. The worst part, however, was walking back up the stairs, which were each numbered and counted down from over 300 on your way up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

From inside the lighthouse.
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sammy Sam! Looks like you had a nice relaxing hike. I'm envious! Pretty chaotic in TX. Yeeeeee Ha!

    ReplyDelete