March 15, 2013

Sweetwater Wetlands

After the night in Madera Canyon I packed up before sunrise, heading off to Tucson, making a quick stop at Florida Wash to find the Crissal Thrasher that had been spotted the night before.
IMG_5584

Though I was planning to spend the whole day in Tucson, I decided to just make a morning of it, spending a few hours at Sweetwater Wetlands before making the trek to Oakland later in the day.

Verdin were much more common at the wetlands than anywhere else I had visited, giving me great looks at these yellow-headed bushtit-types.
IMG_5612

IMG_5622

IMG_5695

IMG_5709

Cinnamon Teal are always lookers.
IMG_5629

One of about 4,000 Northern Shovelers.
IMG_5685

There were a good number of Sora calling from the cattails, and I was lucky enough to have this tame one walk along the trail next to me for a bit.
IMG_5662

IMG_5677

My first Orange-crowned Warbler of the year.
IMG_5723

IMG_5732

American Coot, look at those lobed toes!
IMG_5750

First Black-and-white Warbler of the year
IMG_5805

A somewhat out of place Solitary Sandpiper
IMG_5820

No comments:

Post a Comment