November 14, 2010

Snowed in

It snowed again. This time we got around 6-8 inches. The road we live on is not maintained too well, so it took them a day to plow it out, so we were stranded on the ridge for the night, which was fine. This morning it was still snowing pretty good, so we waited until it stopped around 10 to start shoveling out a couple of the bownets. We had two bait birds out for the day, but only saw a handful of birds flying. It looks like this brings our owl trapping to an end as well.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've been sleeping in my tent for awhile now, even through the snow I guess.
Photobucket

Also, a quick video of a chickadee being trapped:

2 comments:

  1. So are you gonna airmail the chickadee to me or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you're taking orders, I'd love me a pair of those li'l owls. Check out this great horned owl in Central Park: http://www.palemale.com/no1420s.html

    ReplyDelete