May 19, 2012

Full swing

Sleeping past 4 feels pretty good. I started point counting and nest searching on my own this week, which was mostly a success, but I only ended up with one nest, though it was the first Black-backed of the season:
IMG_1181

IMG_1182

Tomorrow, and a couple of days next week Amanda and I are going to help out the north crew with banding and demonstrations for a group of sixth graders. It should be interesting to see the banding site, which is right around this lake (Willow Lake):
Photobucket


And hopefully catch some of these:

Macgillivray's Warbler
IMG_1143

Cassin's Finch
IMG_1147

Mountain Chickadee
IMG_1168

IMG_1166

Here's a quick look at our living situation before we fully moved in.
Photobucket

Our room. We now have raised cots, we're moving up in life!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Also, welcome to my office, burned Sierra landscape!
Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment