December 15, 2011

The Hong Kong Jockey Club

Last night we had a fantastic time at the Hong Kong Jockey Club, with a buffet, betting and WINNING! Well, we won some, but when we did, it sure was exciting. Highlights included a tremendous come back from Easy Gold to create wins for Jeff and me and to overtake Amanda's leading horses. Also Diamond Rainbow put on a good showing and raked in the HK$40 for Amanda!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Two nights ago I had my first hot pot experience with Amanda and a couple of friends. With a bowl of boiling broth at the center of the table we ordered an array of raw meats, seafood and vegetables to be briefly boiled and eaten. It's a great way to eat a meal, I think, though we did come out feeling like we had just experienced some sort of weird sauna/spa having had the steam flowing toward our faces for a couple of hours.

Photobucket

Photobucket


And the Minivet again, falling.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Very good interest to read. By Regards forceflick.blogspot.com and Cheap Postcards

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the record, I bet 20HKD on Diamond Rainbow to PLACE and I still won 154HKD!!

    ReplyDelete